How does the ROAMWORKS Vehicle Tracking Solution work?
- ROAMWORKS uses state of the art GSM/GPRS and Satellite/GPRS based technology.
- A Vehicle Tracking Unit is installed in the vehicle.
- After installation, the vehicle will show up on a digital map and can be tracked online.
- A user friendly, web based application/interface, is provided to the customer with secured access, to monitor their vehicles and to generate various kinds of reports to analyze data.
- ROAM offers multi-level Asset Group creation which help the organization to assign Account Managers to clients and each Account Manager would only be able to view their client’s vehicle movement.
- Customers will receive Notifications/ Alarms / Alerts near real time according to the pre-customized setup for Geofences, Speed, Maintenance, etc.
- In addition to online reports, customers will get myriad of vehicle performance reports, which can be scheduled as per user definable schedule (e.g. 8 am daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
Manage and track your fleet of trucks or cars for higher efficiency
Typical areas of interest
- location of vehicle
- irresponsible driving, misuse of vehicle, etc.
- fuel consumption
- unnecessary stoppages on the way
- routes taken
- violating a pre-defined route
- engine idling, etc.
- Security & Theft of Vehicle and/or Cargo
Track your trucks and cars to gain access to near real time position information and logs of activity
ROAMWORKS can provide vehicle tracking and fleet management solutions to a variety of operations that include:
- Logistics and Cargo operations
- Liquid Cargo Tankers
- Tours and Travels
- Refrigerated Vehicles
- Crane Operators
- School Bus operations
- Warehouse operations
- Commercial companies
So how will a vehicle tracking system improve your business?
- How can you be sure your vehicles are being productive, secure and that the risks of fraud/theft is mitigated?
- How do you protect drivers and your reputation in the face of customer disputes, vehicle theft and accident claims associated with your fleet?
- Is your operations manager sure that drivers are taking the most efficient routes to their jobs? How long does it take for them to locate a particular vehicle?
- How do you currently measure and manage fleet safety? Are your drivers and vehicles as secure as they should be?
- How deeply are high fuel bills cutting into your bottom line each year?
Inefficiency due to lack of information
Elements which decrease productivity, performance and overall profit:
- Inefficient routing practices
- Wasted time on the job
- Excessive engine idling
- Speeding/reckless driving
- Inadequate security measures
- Inadequate record-keeping for vehicle maintenance
- Unnecessary overtime payments
- Time wasted searching for specific vehicles
- And most importantly, lack of near real-time information on the vehicles
Benefits of using ROAMWORKS Vehicle Tracking
Benefits to Operations Managers:
- Ensure that the vehicle follows the designated route by allowing you to Geofence the route.
- Put virtual fences around allowed and / or not allowed zones. System can generate notification when the vehicle leaves the allowed zone and when the vehicle enters a restricted zone.
- Location referencing based on your points of interest
- Location performance based on location monitoring and analysis (e.g. which locations are trucks spending a lot of time, which location is a bottleneck for operations?)
- Ensure that Maintenance Manager acts immediately when panic alarm is pressed by the driver
Benefits to Management:
- Reduce operational cost
- Improve performance
- Increase efficiency
- Eliminate unnecessary downtime and fuel wastage
- Security and visibility of fleet
- User-definable alarm escalation features (e.g. if Maintenance Manager doesn’t act on a breakdown, the Operations Manager gets notification after 30 minutes. If Operations Manager doesn’t do anything about it, his superiors get the notification, and so on)
- Myriad of vehicle performance reports
- Reports can be scheduled as per user definable schedule (e.g. 8 am daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
- Logs of all alarms
Overall Benefits to the Organization:
- Dynamically add/ remove unlimited locations
- Complete automated Notifications / Alerts / Alarms
- Graphical and Visual reports with different export formats.
- Multilevel Asset Group creation (e.g. group 10 trucks for client A, group 4 trucks to client B). This helps the organization to assign Account Managers to clients. The Account Manager would only be able to view his client’s vehicle movement.
- Moreover, long-term clients can be given access to view their movements too.
Optional Security Features
- Panic Button: The red panic button is installed and hidden under the driver’s steering wheel. If the button is pushed for more than 2 seconds, it will then send a panic message to ROAM platform thus triggering a panic alarm and the appropriate notifications.
- Door Contact Sensor: This sensor is used to detect door states (open/close). A pair (as shown in the figure) should be installed for each door that is required to have its state monitored.
- Door Magnetic Lock: The magnetic lock is used to ensure that in the event of carjack, the criminal will have great difficulty in opening the cargo door.
- Vehicle Immobilizer: The immobilizer feature works by disabling the ignition circuit (engine cranking circuit). So if a vehicle is already on and in a journey the immobilizer will not kick in until the vehicle is switched off. Upon switching off the vehicle it cannot be operational until a mobilize command is sent.
Why ROAMWORKS vehicle tracking SPECIFICALLY?
- Free monthly updates
- Quick turn-around time for specific customization requests
- Our 99.8% uptime (the only downtime we have is our scheduled maintenance)
- Industry-standard data encryption
- 24/7 helpdesk support
- Up-to-date with technology offering in terms of products
- Solid customer base of large multinational companies and various government agencies in more than 60 countries mainly UAE, USA, Germany, British Foreign Office, etc. with a presence in Iraq, Afghanistan, Nigeria, other high-risk areas through our exclusive security partner